Tuesday, February 26, 2013

An old friend for some; a new friend for me!

When I met Amy Evans, I thought she was the quintessential school grade teacher.  Little did I know that she actually WAS a school grade teacher!  A woman with a kind heart and a gently smile.  While preparing for our trip her mother received a diagnosis of breast cancer.  Well, praise Jesus that they removed it, are awaiting the biopsy, but have the confirmation back that it did NOT spread to her lymph nodes!

Instead of re-phrasing for her, I’ll just pull straight from her Nica bio:  “I am a preschool teacher, massage therapist, single mother, but most importantly, a follower of Jesus Christ. Growing up, I was involved in a lot of short term missions trips, mostly with a focus on street ministry/evangelism. As the years have gone by, I've become more interested in being the hands and feet of Jesus...allowing my actions to speak for my faith, and letting someone more gifted in preaching take on the street ministry. My church home in Hanover places a lot of emphasis on local community outreach, which I love and enjoy. I also believe I am part of a more global community, which I am to serve whenever I am able. I was looking for a service oriented outreach to join last fall, when Gary posted about a trip to Nicaragua working along with a group called Olive Tree Nicaragua. I visited the site, really liked what I saw, prayed about it, and asked to join the group. I am very excited about this opportunity and can't wait to meet and work with you.”

-Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment